The foundation stone was laid for the St. Andreas parish church on Paulinenstraße/corner of Brigittastraße in 1955 and it was completed in 1957. Architect Rudolf Schwarz created the church with a cruciform floor plan and triconch. Its interior design was influenced by the Liturgical Movement of the 20th century. The crypt with the weekday chapel and baptismal font are particularly worth seeing. The famous Breil organ with historical registers from the collegiate church (Stiftskirche) in Freckenhorst creates a magnificent sound. The church has been a listed building since 1995.