The Wiebe Park was created in 1926 – its special feature is that the public green area continues visually into the surrounding private gardens. At that time, this was a novelty in German urban development. The park is named after Friedrich Wiebe, a former city councillor. The three-part park and green area is designed in rising terraces with a view of Hubertus Church. The central section forms a playground; on its southwest edge there is a small chapel which originally stood at the Ludwig colliery and was visited by the miners employed there.
From the Töpferstraße stop
150 m to Wiebe Park
Follow Töpferstraße in northeast direction and then turn left into Wiebe Park